Friday 2 November 2012

Vanilla cupcakes

Ever since I bought the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook, I've been hooked. I haven't used a mix for cupcakes since. I always bake them from scratch, and I know the recipe by heart.
I do try different recipes, but when it comes to vanilla cupcakes I stick with this one.

It's perfect, it's fluffy, it's sweet.. It's meant to be shared.


Make sure your butter is on roomtemperature, and preheat the oven to 170°C (340°F). Prepare your cupcake pan with 12 cups.
Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter together, and mix them until the mixture is somewhat sandy. Add half of the milk (that would be 60 ml, genius) to it, and mix again.
Then shortly beat the egg with the remaining milk and the vanilla-extract, I usually just poke and swirl around in it with a fork. Add to your mixture and mix it until it's nice and smooth, but no longer than needed.

Pour the batter into the cups (don't fill them for more than 2/3 though, they'll rise big time), and bake the cupcakes for 20-25 minutes, until they're light brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Now you can decorate with some buttercream and sprinkles, or just eat right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment